How to Install Fonts on your iPad
Get the most out of Cricut Design Space or any other custom font compatible app on iPad by installing custom fonts. It’s super easy and FREE! Just download iFont from the Apple App store.
This easy to use app allows you to download and install from your own device or a range of font websites. Once the fonts are installed on your device, you will be able to use them in any app that supports the use of custom fonts.
Step One: Importing your Fonts
Importing fonts from your local files or iCloud Drive
1. Open the iFont app and tap on the ‘Import’ button.
2. iFont will open straight to your iCloud Drive. If your font files have been uploaded to your iCloud Drive they will be in here. Find your desired font file and tap.
Otherwise access your local files by tapping ‘Browse’ on the top left-hand corner then navigating to your file.
Importing fonts from Dropbox
1. Open the Dropbox app.
2. Locate and select your font file.
3. Tap the three dots in the top right-hand corner then tap ‘Export.’
4. Tap ‘Open In…’ and select ‘Copy to iFont’
Importing fonts from Google Fonts, dafont.com, 1001freefonts.com or fontspace.com
1. Tap ‘Font Finder’ located on the bottom menu.
2. Google Fonts – Select Google fonts, find your desired font and tap the ‘Get’ button.
dafont.com and 1001freefonts.com – Select the site, find your desired font and tap ‘Download.’ A window will appear. Tap the ‘Import to ifont’ button.
FontSpace.com – Select the site, find your desired font and tap the download icon. A window will appear. Tap the ‘Import to ifont’ button.
Step Two: Installing your fonts.
1. Tap on ‘Installer’ located on the bottom menu.
2. Find the font you just imported and tap the install button.
3.The following pop up will appear; ‘This website is trying to download a configuration profile. Do you want to allow this?’ Select ‘Allow.’
This will be followed by ‘Profile Download. Review the profile in the Settings app if you want to install it.’ Select ‘Close.’
4. The following instructions will appear;
5. Exit out of iFont and open your settings.
6. Click on ‘Profile Downloaded’ and follow the prompts outlined in the instructions message above.
Your font is now installed and ready to use in Cricut Design Space or other supporting application. Yay!